Wednesday 11 December 2013

Digital Experimentation!!!


For this experiment I wanted to create a mysterious scary feel creating my model come out from behind smoke. For this image I used an image of smoke from google and overlaid it onto the photograph. I also added a dark vignette to draw the audience eye to the centre of the photograph. I feel that using smoke or fog to obscured a criminal quite scary figure in the dark would be a really cool effect to add to create a mysterious photograph. For the location of this shot I used a dark alley way because I feel that when people think of criminal activity or criminal/ scary places to go they normally think of dark and hidden areas at night like alley ways and woods. I feel that I will carry on with these types of photograph but instead of making my model stand and look at the camera, I feel that I will make him walk through a cloud of smoke maybe from flares or just using photoshop layer blending techniques.



This is the first time testing with black and white with these digital photos I have taken for this crime theme. I really like how it turned out because the lighting and tones throughout the image. When changing it black and white my model figure killer was quite hard to see. I used the pen tool and a white brush along with layer blending to create the lighting behind the killer to make his figure stand out in front of the door. I really like how I've done this because it draws your attention straight to him and the weapon in his hand with makes you noticed the victim on the ground. I really like how its really dark and how you can not see the killers face in the photo and only the online of his body.


For this photograph I edited the raw version so that I could experiment with tint and the saturation of the photograph. When I took the photograph I was really pleased how the orange lighting from the other room and out side bled through and reflected on the door. I then added a blue tint to this photo and I really love how these colours mixed and I feel it looks a lot like police sirens and car light are shining through my window blinds.


No comments:

Post a Comment