Saturday 13 April 2013

Development

Francois Marclay - Anonymous faces 

These are two photographs from a portfolio called anonymous faces on Francois Marclay's website. These are two photos I chose from the sixteen in the portfolio. I chose these two because I feel that they are very similar to my digital experiments I created by blacking out people's faces to hide their identity and feel that I should develop this idea much further to be able to create much better photo's just like these by Francois Marclay. When looking through this portfolio this second photograph (on right) of the lady with her hood up really caught my eye as it is an idea that I would like to push further because I experimented with this technique when editing my crash zoomed photographs.



My Digital Experiment:



Arthur Ransome - Subway

These photographs are by Arthur Ransome and are in a portfolio on his website called 'Subway'. Arthur Ransome is a self taught photographer living in Washington DC. Ransome works mainly with 35mm format cameras and photographs the world around him in black and white. These subway photographs were taken in the London underground when Ransome used to work a lot in London. Ransome wanted to show how throughout rush hour when he travelled via the underground that despite the crowds that dashed to and from the stations, the only sounds you could hear were the coming and going of the trains, the operator announcements and the air conditioning system. 

I chose these photographs to look more in depth into because I realised even though they look much more professional they look similar to the double exposure technique I experimented with in the darkroom with my London negatives.

My Double Exposure Darkroom Experiment:


 I really like the way that Ransome has only included one person in the frame when taken the photos and has used vignetting because it really makes me focus on this one persons unknown identity. Also the use of the black and white tones and the blur really makes the detail of the person obscured because of how you can only see silhouettes of the people. 






No comments:

Post a Comment