Thursday 14 March 2013

Digital Photo Shoot (Crash Zooming)

I took these photographs when in London visiting the ICA to see Juergen Teller's Woo! exhibition. These were some of the photographs where I experimented with crash zooming to see if it could be an idea I could develop further and be a potential final idea. I got this idea to experiment with crash zooming from when I was looking at some of William Klein's work. I enjoyed experimenting with crash zooming but feel I need to perfect my crash zooming skill to be able to get better photographs.
These are my best from the group of photographs I took experimenting with crash zooming because a lot of them came out really blurred, completely out of focus or even fully white because I was experimenting with aperture and different shutter speeds. I found that 1/50 was the best shutter speed otherwise the photographs would come out to bright.

All photos taken with a Canon EOS 550D with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm Lens. 


ISO:100, Aperture: f/13, Shutter Speed: 1/50, Focal Length: 51mm. 


ISO:100, Aperture: f/20, Shutter Speed: 1/50, Focal Length: 55mm.


ISO:100, Aperture: f/16, Shutter Speed: 1/50, Focal Length: 18mm.


ISO:100, Aperture: f/16, Shutter Speed: 1/50, Focal Length: 18mm.


ISO:100, Aperture: f/16, Shutter Speed: 1/50, Focal Length: 55mm.


1 comment:

  1. You are working at a good pace, keep it up!. The digital crash zooms are looking good, just keep persevering with it. Klein's were often slightly tighter to the face or in dulled conditions, also try to frame up and zoom out.

    Your experiments are following a theme, which is good...remember your own quote...'I really like this theme of identity in the city and feel that it could be a good starting point where I could try lots of experiment'.

    Now continue to experiment, expand and combine both darkroom and digital experiments and keep going. Well done.

    ReplyDelete