Wednesday 27 February 2013

Digital Experiments

These are some experiments I did on photoshop with some photographs I took in the 'Photographers Gallery' of reflections. I used tools and techniques such as layering, using the gradient tool, adjusting contrast, brightness and hue saturation.    


This was my first experiment I did on photoshop. I created this by using the gradient tool to create a black to white gradient behind the photograph. I then changed the photograph layer to overlay so that it was transparent and the gradient blended with the photograph. I do like this gradient experiment but feel that I could've made the photograph bigger so that the main focus on the photograph was the reflection in the glass on my feet.


I then created this second one by layering the same image twice and using the overlay option on the top layer to make the photograph have this darker bolder feel to it. I also experimented a bit with hue saturation, brightness and contrast. 


This was my final experiment that I created. I first duplicated the colour photograph and changed one photograph into black and white. I then used a layer mask so that I could draw on the reflection part of the photograph in colour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment