Tuesday 12 February 2013

Covert and Obscured City Life Identity



Firstly I went down the path of city life as I really like the work of Daido Moriyama. 



I also really like these photographs by William Klein and feel that I could use and experiment with this technique of crash zooming that William Klein has used in this photograph on the right called candy shop. I really like this technique as it blurs and obscures the background and draws you straight to the middle where its focused.       



I then looked more into city life photography and found a photograph on flicker of a busker by an unknown photographer. I really liked this photograph because it shows someone that could be unknown and ignored in london because there are many buskers and homeless people out there which no one knows about and just get ignored by people walking straight past them. 

I then also saw this photograph on behance in a project called 'Without Identity', this photograph was taken by a man called Mohammed Kheirkhah. I really like this theme of without identity because I've never seen anything like this and feel that its really effective with the motion blur also in the photograph as it links well with the good point Mohammed Kheirkhah makes. "The simple idea behind these photos is the human's life in the 21st century. Among fast airplanes, fast Internet connections, fast trains, and millions of emails that deliver within a minute or two, the human of this century sometimes forgets who he is. Why he is here, and what does he do here in this universe? Asking these questions over and over suddenly makes us a person with no face, and without face we don't have an identity. This obvious issue of identity that everybody admits has become so obscure". I really like this theme of identity in the city and feel that it could be a good starting point where I could try lots of experiment. 
I am going to look at these photographers more in depth and also try and look and research in more  photographers that look at city life and hidden identity.
  
Im going to experiment with film using different techniques in the dark room and also going to take a lot of digital photographs to experiment with on photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment