Sunday 6 January 2013

Jr Inspired Experiments


For this first experiment I used a photograph off google of this rundown building and then inserted one of my Slr portrait photographs and used the magic wand tool to crop the image. I then changed the opacity of the portrait image. I do like this technique and feel that I should experiment more with trying to overlay images using the layer blending modes.




This is my second JR inspired experiment. For this experiment I used a technique called layer masking. Layer masking is when you use two separate layers and you basically paint on the layer in the background onto the layer in the foreground. This is done by erasing parts of the image in the foreground. Once I had my foreground portrait picture in the right position I then used linear light to make the layers blend, to look like the portrait image is part of the background photograph.  

1 comment:

  1. Before you go any further with these experiments please can you and Farhan see me as a matter of urgency.

    ReplyDelete