Monday 5 November 2012

My Final Outcome Evaluation

For my idea I got my inspiration from Manray,  Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, Michael Mackenzie and also an unknown photographer who was experimenting with photograms.



I am pleased with my final prints because I feel that I have experimented with different techniques for my photograms, E.g. layers, reversals, double exposures, movement. When experimenting with these different techniques I had some difficulty with double exposures and movement because I had try out different timings to find the best outcome. Throughout the project I fully enjoyed experimenting with different techniques and then developing them further when focusing on my final outcome.
 
To link my photograms to the theme of 'everyday' I focused on the subject of music because it is part of many peoples everyday lives. To link my photograms to my idea of music I experimented with different objects like headphones, a CD case and my phone. I also the Incorporated text into my photograms and this text was the definition of 'music' and 'headphones'.

I feel that if I could go back and had a bit more time I would of explored more into shutter speed and motion blur because this was my original idea but my film did not develop correctly.

Overall in the whole product I research/looked at Justin Quinell, Roni Horn, Man Ray, Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, Bjork Vespertine Album Cover Photography by Inez & Vinoodh, Luke West, Erik Kerstenbeck, Matt Gyuricza, Jon Van Schaik, Bob Garas, Francessca Yorke, Gert Lavsen, Michael Mackenzie ad an unknown photographer.

Out of the Photographers that I looked at Erik Kerstenbeck, Man ray and Laszlo Moholy-Nagy all inspired me the most. Kerstenbeck inspired me because I really liked his motion blur photography because he used the perfect shutter speeds so that there was the right amount of blur from the moving object and so that there was a lot of detail in the background. I also really like how he captured light from moving objects E.g Buses and cars.   




 
I was also inspired alot by Man Ray and Laszlo Moholy-Nagy because I used different techniques from there work to make my final photogram outcomes look much better. I used techniques such as double exposure and adding different layers of objects to make my final photograms look much better.
 
Overall I really liked this first project focusing on 'Everyday' because I am starting to learn lots of different techniques and terminology which will help me throughout the course. I also really enjoyed trying to develop my ideas and enjoyed experimenting with different techniques that different photographers use.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment